Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Turkey of 10's


We have been working on my Gobble It Up Math and Literacy Packet. Today, we did a fun math craftivity. The students were given 6 turkey feathers and they had to figure out 6 ways to make 10. They wrote each addition sentence on a feather to make a turkey of 10!


After they completed the feathers, I gave them a "bald" turkey and they got to "make him warm".  They loved this part of course!!!



They turned out super cute! After they worked on that they complete the "How can I make..." sheet for the other numbers.
It was such a fun way to practice this concept and they will definitely remember it. I will be able to reference the Turkey of 10's all year long.


These pages are available in my TPT shop along with all sorts of other fun Thanksgiving activities. Including my Gobble It Up Math and Literacy Packet.



No comments:

Post a Comment