Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tootsie Spaces

For some reason I woke up in the middle of the night with this crazy idea that I HAD to try! Not sure why!?! I thought 'I need to find a way to motivate my some of my firsties to write with spaces between their words.' And who knows why but I decided to forget finger spaces, popsicle sticks, pencil and every other thing I had tried! I HAVE TO use tootsie rolls.



 And let me tell you, it was quite the motivator! I told my kiddos that when they finished their writing I would come around with my own tootsie roll. If I could fit my tootsie roll in all of their spaces, they could eat a tootsie roll. I know some of you are judging me right now buuuuut it was really so much fun to see their excitement about spaces and this tiny treat. Also, it totally worked(for most)!



Already excited for Christmas??????
Also, this is a thanksgiving packet I made and is now in my TPT store! Check it out! I will be posting more with photos of the activities later!
7 DIFFERENT ACTIVITES!!!

This is a Thanksgiving Packet including:

Literacy:
3 Writing Prompts
1 Noun Sort (person, place, thing)
2 ABC order pages

Math:
2 Odd or Even Practice Page
3 Fact Family Practices
2 How Can You Make... (i.e. 0+4=4, 1+3=4, 2+2=4)
3 Hundreds Chart with varying difficulty

More to come with Thanksgiving

2 comments:

  1. LOOOOOVE that Tootsie Roll idea! Great visual and fun reward. :) Not judging...sometimes you just have to do what works for the little things. :)

    Your newest follower - Lisa
    Growing Firsties is having a Pete the Cat Giveaway that also donates to Hurricane Sandy Relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! Some days you have to do what ever works! ;)
    Also checked out your blog, it's GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete