Monday, October 29, 2012

Problem Solving Singapore Galore

My firsties have just finished addition and subtraction of # 1-10. So we have been reviewing all the ways to solve a problem. I got the anchor chart idea from The Inspired Apple. I just put together the ones we have gone over.

(Forgive me. I am obviously not a photography major considering I cut off the top and nearly the bottom. Yikes!) Then I told them math stories and their job was to use one of the strategies to solve the problem. These kids rocked, I caught them doing almost all of the different strategies without any problem :) The proof is below!





So exciting!!
Next time, some spooky business!!!



1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I noticed your students use the dry erase markers. What do you recommend as the best pen to use? My students go through them very fast. It gets expensive.

    ReplyDelete